The average cost to train a PTSD service dog for a veteran is $20,000
It costs approximately $20,000 dollars to train a PTSD service dog to high standards of our own Got Your Six Support Dogs certification. The reason this number is so high is because, along with food, grooming, toys, and training equipment, there are thousands of hours of training involved in teaching a dog to perform tasks as described by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
As a charitable corporation, we rely on donations to cover our expenses and operating costs so we are able to place our dogs at no cost to our veterans. Even the smallest donation helps make a difference in a veteran’s life. Below you’ll find different price point donations and how they help us operate. Remember, Got Your Six Support Dogs is a 501(c)3 charitable corporation, so every donation is tax deductible!
- $15,000: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s complete care, grooming, training supplies, treats, toys, and training from puppyhood to placement as well as the veteran and first-responders meals, hotel stay, and trauma resiliency course during the ten-day pairing and trauma-resiliency program.
- $10,000: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s care, grooming, supplies, and training from puppyhood to placement.
- $5,000: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s basic care (Vet care and food) for entire year, as wells as the veteran’s or first-responders meals and hotel stay while they attend the ten-day pairing and trauma resiliency training.
- $1,000: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s basic care for entire year and pays for the veteran or first responder’s meals while attending the ten-day pairing and trauma resiliency training.
- $750: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s basic care (Vet care and food) for entire year.
- $500: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s food for an entire year.
- $250: Pays for 1 Service Dog’s veterinarian expenses for an entire year.